The first church built in Salida was the Presbyterian Church, a wooden building that was used for religious services and for social events. In 1901, a beautiful brick building was put up on the corner of 3rd and F Streets, seen here. It was dedicated on June 30, 1901. The building was razed in June of 1957.
Before the church on 3rd and F was built, the Ladies’ Aid Society of the Presbyterian Church published a cookbook to raise funds for the building.
A new building (located across from the Courthouse) was dedicated July 16, 1958.
Photograph of unknown church in Salida, unknown date. This image is from the Ernest Brownson Collection.
This Methodist-Episcopal church was built during July of 1883, at the corner of 4th and D Streets. In 1888 it was replaced by another building. This image is from the Haley-Bratton Collection.